We're proud to announce the immediate availability of a significantly improved and expanded PlayFab service. Read all the details below, or visit https://developer.playfab.com/ now to get started!
When PlayFab first launched back in February, our functionality largely reflected our origin: A dedicated service backend for Uber Entertainment. We have been hard at work during the last 4 months expanding and improving that service to make it more accessible to new developers.
Some of the improvements you'll see include:
- A simplified onboarding experience for new developers, with automated provisioning of new game titles
- A refactored Web API that's easier to use, and that has greater consistency
- A full set of documentation, including API reference and getting started guides
- New SDKs, including C++ and C#, available in GitHub so you can easily download, integrate, and provide feedback using familiar tools
- A sample app based on the Unity Angry Bots demo that showcases several of core services, including player profiles, inventory, virtual currency, and in-game purchases
- Many new features, including custom event tracking to allow for rich analytics for your games and support for Android
Many of the updates were based directly on your feedback from the last few months, so many thanks to each of you who took the time to let us know how we could improve!
You can set up a new developer account - or use your existing one - in our new developer portal at https://developer.playfab.com/, and you can find all of our SDK's at https://api.playfab.com/sdks, including the complete Web API reference.
Start using PlayFab today!
P.S. Your feedback continues to be very important for us, so please keep sending it to us at email@example.com -- we're especially interested in any features or services that you think are missing!
P.P.S. None of these changes will impact existing titles. Whenever we roll out changes to the API, we are committed to not breaking existing titles, and this major update is no exception. Titles that are live today will experience no interruption. Titles that have not yet shipped, however, should begin using the new API as we are no longer adding new features to the older API.