We're really excited about our newest marketplace add-on, from CommunitySift, which adds the ability to block display names that contain profanity. We think every game that uses the Display Name feature is going to want to turn this feature on -- manual policing of your community is now a thing of the past.
CommunitySift is a leader in helping keep online communities safe from trolls, cyberbullying, and abuse. Their full solution is very powerful, but requires custom engineering work, and is not typically available to small developers. With this add-on, we're realizing the vision of our marketplace by enabling any game to take advantage of this powerful feature with just a few clicks and no code changes or custom SDK integrations.
Here's how easy it is:
- Visit the CommunitySift add-on page in the marketplace
- Click "Install Community Sift" (and provide your credit card info if you haven't already)
- Select the level of filtering you wish, from "Kid", "Teen", or "Adult". These levels determine how aggressive the filtering will be.
That's it. From now on, whenever your game calls the "UpdateUserTitleDisplayName" API call, if the user-provided display name fails the profanity filter test, the API call will fail with a new error code "1234" indicating a profanity filter fail.
Pricing is based on the number of profanity filter checks per month. You can test it out for free -- you get one month, or 500 display name checks for free, whichever comes first.
Then after that you pick your pricing tier on the Limits page:
- Up to 25,000 display name checks per month -- $50 / month
- Up to 100,000 display name checks per month -- $100 / month
- Up to 1,000,000 display name checks per month -- $500 / month
If you need more than 1,000,000 display name checks per month, you can contact us to discuss custom pricing.