As part of the recent PlayFab update, we replaced our analytics system with a much more powerful one based on technology from Appuri, an analytics company also based in Seattle, and Amazon RedShift, a data warehouse solution that lets us handle far more data than before, with faster queries, for lower cost.
This past week, we've been going through the work of re-ingesting historical data into the new system so we can do queries that go back in time to the start of PlayFab. As a result, we'd now like to share with you the first ever set of PlayFab "Fun Facts!"
- Total number of players registered: 4.8 million
- Total number of in-game items purchased across all games: 138 million
- Average number of API calls per day in July: 9.5 million
- Total number of multiplayer game sessions completed to date: more than 10 million
- Most frequently called API function: GetRegionPlaylists (42 million times this month)
- Least frequently called API function: ConsumeItem (696K times this month)
- Ratio of data sent from PlayFab servers to data received: 67-to-1
- Peak concurrent users: 30,000
More on our new analytics system in a future blog post... but for now, check out our LogEvent function call. It's pretty cool -- games can generate any arbitrary event they want, we put the results into RedShift, and you can later report on it.